You may telephone for results between 2.30 and 4.30pm but please remember the following points:
- Results will only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. In the interests of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not telephone for results for relatives or friends without prior arrangement (written consent will be required).
- The surgery tends to be at its quietest after 2.30pm and the receptionists will have more time then to deal with your enquiry. Checking results is time-consuming and requests at other times will result in you being asked to call back after 2.30pm.
- To safeguard patient confidentiality it is not our policy to verbally give results to patients at the main reception desk.
- You will need to know the specific test results that you require. Some tests take longer than others to process. If you have had several tests the receptionists will not necessarily know whether all the results are back unless you can identity them.
- Please do not expect the receptionists to have any medical knowledge. They are instructed to tell you if your test is normal as per the doctor's comments. If actual results are required a print-out can be collected from reception upon request. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation, then please refer to your doctor.
- Please remember, though, that we do hundreds of tests, and we cannot contact you all with results, so we leave this responsibility with you. We do, however, ensure that a doctor sees all test results.